Please organize your visa through your travel agent or the Vietnamese Embassy in your country well in advance. You can use this site to help you with your visa questions and procedures. Most tourist visas are valid for single entry only. Participants wishing to re-enter Vietnam must apply for a multiple entry visa.
This website has excellent Visa https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption.html
Visa Update: as of 12th September
- Please note that visa on arrival has increased from $45 to $135 for all US passport holders.
- This visa must be paid in cash, on arrival. You must have cash.
- You will also need, a completed application for Vietnam visa, and two passport sized photos.
- Please note this change was unexpected.
- Note: we’re hoping this is the right visa on arrival form, but that may have changed as well – you should be able to fill one out at the airport if this is not the newest version.
Arriving in HCMC
SIM card at the Airport: There are kiosks right after you exit the luggage scanners but before exiting the building. Viettel, Vinaphone or Mobifone have kiosks at the airport and support 3G. (4G/LTE doesn’t exist yet here).
ATMs: There are ATMs outside of the arrival hall. As you exit the building, there are several machines both to the far left and to the far right.
Taxis: There are three recommended companies – MaiLinh, Vinasun and Vinataxi. Touts may come and ask you to take their taxis from their airport but do not use these taxis. As you exit, go left and follow the signs to the taxi stand. It is not necessary to stand in the queue (most people don’t use it). It is easier to go past the queue and stand along the curb to grab one of the recommended taxi companies. Cash is the easiest form of payment though some have credit card machines in them.
- Airport to District 1–140,000-200,000 VND ($7-10 USD)
- Airport to District 7–240,000-300,000 VND ($12-15 USD)
- District 1 to District 7–140-180,000 VND ($7-9 USD)
Uber and GrabTaxi are becoming more popular as well. They are safe and reliable and have been known to be a bit cheaper than a metered taxi.
MaiLinh (Green or White and Green)
Vinataxi (they are the only yellow taxi)
Note: There are some fake MaiLinh and Vinasun taxis with slightly different logos and names like MaiLoah or Vinasunn. These are especially common in touristy areas such as around Ben Thanh market.